If you are interested in volunteering to serve as a poster judge (faculty, staff, or graduate students only) or general assistant (faculty, staff, graduate students, and undergraduate students) please complete the online volunteer sign-up form.
Volunteer registration closes Friday, March 18, 2022.
Due to the University's new Protection of Minors Policy, all faculty, staff, students, student employees, and volunteers who work in activities and programs with minors must complete a background check and crime reporting training. Background checks are completed online and are no cost to the individual. Additional information about this process will be emailed to you after the volunteer registration period closes.
Photo/Video Release - Photographs and/or video will be taken during the 20th Annual High School Research Symposium at Illinois State University. Your registration gives consent for any such photographs/video to be used for advertising and publicity purposes by Illinois State University, its licensees, and/or member organizations, and you waive all claims for any compensation for such use or for damages. If you object to the foregoing, please contact the Illinois State University Center for Mathematics Science and Technology (CeMaST) at (309) 438-3089 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are in need of two types of volunteers for the ISU High School Research Symposium:
- All of the presentation will be done virtually.
- If a student would like to have their poster judged, the student must indicate this on their online registration form.
- Each student that would like to have their poster judged will be assigned a 7-minute time slot.
- In order for all students to present in a timely fashion, the 7-minute time limit will be strictly enforced.
- Students will begin their presentation with a 3-4 minute oral summary of their research. This will be followed by 3-4 minutes of questions and comments from the judge.
- Judges will complete a 1-page judging form, which includes written comments and the student’s division rating (I, II, III, or IV).
When you register to serve as a General Assistant or Poster Judge, you will be asked to indicate your availability during the event.
Volunteer Sessions for General Assistants (select any or all sessions):
Session 1: 7:30 - 8:50 AM
Session 2: 9:00 - 11:50 AM
Session 3: 12:00 - 1:30 PM
Other, please list.
Volunteer Session for Poster Judge
9:00 - 11:50 AM
Other, please list.
For more information, please contact:
Olesya Courier, CeMaST Marketing, Event & Project Coordinator
Phone: (309) 438-1898